We are looking to hire an efficient Custodial Supervisor to supervise the work activities performed by our custodial staff. The Custodial Supervisor's responsibilities include spearheading project work, monitoring staff attendance, reporting absences, and conducting staff performance reviews. You should also be able to make recommendations to management regarding training, promotions and dismissals.
To be successful as a Custodial Supervisor, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of various cleaning methods and excellent communication skills. Ultimately, an outstanding Custodial Supervisor will display effective leadership skills to ensure the timely completion of staffs’ custodial duties.
Custodial Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assigning custodial duties to staff and regularly inspecting their work to ensure that established standards are met.
- Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to custodial staff as needed.
- Taking inventory of all cleaning supplies and equipment and informing management when supplies are depleted.
- Report building discrepancies/repairs to custodial manager
- Assisting with the screening and hiring of new job applicants.
- Providing training and guidance to custodial staff.
- Resolving conflicts between custodial staff in an efficient manner.
- Attending meetings and in-service training sessions as required.
- Performing all custodial duties necessary in instances of staff shortages and/or during high season
Custodial Supervisor Requirements:
- Must be able to take direction from Custodial Manager
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Must be flexible with schedule (AM, PM, Days Off and Holidays)
- Proven experience working as a Custodial Supervisor.
- Knowledge and operation of floor equipment (ride-on floor scrubber, walk behind floor scrubber, swing machine, carpet extractor, etc.)
- Working knowledge of various cleaning methods.
- The ability to lift heavy equipment and remove trash/ debris
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.